Wednesday, June 6, 2012

6/3 - 6/9 Tops deals: shopping trip #2

Today was my second trip to Tops this week, in order to abide by their coupon policy and to maximize gas points.  Here is the breakdown of what I bought and how much it cost:

2 rolls Reynolds heavy duty foil - $0.50 each
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from the Reynolds website
Note: These were on sale last week and I bought some, but they were out of stock and I had 2 coupons left on my last trip of last week.  I got a raincheck and had planned to use it today, but I discovered the sale was still going on through the end of the week and didn't end up needing the raincheck.

2 bags 8 o'clock coffee - $2.99 each
On sale $3.99 each, used a $2 off 2 coupon from their website (use the coupon link in the upper right)

4 packages Keebler Chips Deluxe cookies - $1.25 each, see notes
On sale 4/$10, used 2 $0.75 off 2 coupons from the 4/15 Red Plum coupon insert
Notes: My ad shows these, along with Special K granola bars below, were part of a store promo: get 200 bonus gas points when you buy 6 select products.  Upon looking at my receipt just now, I see that I earned the bonus gas points plus I also received an extra $3 off instantly from this deal.
*Each of these earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

2 boxes Special K granola bars - $1.50 each, see notes above
On sale 4/$10, used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 5/20 Red Plum coupon insert
*Each of these earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

1 bottle Goya extra virgin olive oil - $3.49
On sale for $4.99, used the $1.50 coupon from the 5/13 Red Plum (I think?) coupon insert

3 boxes (10-ct.) Capri Sun pouches - $1.33 each
On sale 5/$10, used the $0.75 off 3 coupon (doubles to $1.50) from the 5/6 SmartSource, plus I also used a $0.50 Tops Monopoly coupon

1 bag Pictsweet frozen vegetables - $0.50
On sale 2/$3, used a $1 coupon from the Tops "Burst the Bags" game on 6/3

4 blocks Heluva Good cheese - $1.15 each
On sale BOGO ($3.29), used 2 $1 off 2 coupons from the 5/13 SmartSource coupon insert
Note: Yesterday I bought 8 cheeses and earned a $1.50 off 2 Catalina coupon.  No Catalina printed for me today. :-(

The retail cost for today's grocery trip was $73.01 and I paid $27.57 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of approximately 62%.  I am now at a gas discount of $1.70 per gallon.

I will most likely make 1 more trip this week for more cheese, since I have a couple more coupons (and cheese is pretty much an entire food group in our house!) and I will also probably pick up some Grande tortilla chips. Grande chips are on sale BOGO ($3.99) and I have a $1 off 2 coupon from the 4/15 SmartSource insert and a $0.25 coupon from the Tops Monopoly game, making these $1.37 a piece.

I'd love to hear about a great trip or a fantastic deal you found at Tops this week.  Feel free to leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment