Tuesday, June 26, 2012

6/24 - 6/30 Tops deals

I shopped at Tops both yesterday and today, and since I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, I'll start with that transaction:

1 jar Mt. Olive pickles - $1.00
On sale 2/$4 (check the shelf prices, because not all varieties are this price!), used a $1 coupon from the 6/24 SmartSource coupon insert

2 jars Hellmann's mayo - $1.99 each
On sale for $2.99 each, used the $2 off 2 coupon from the 6/24 SmartSource coupon insert (there is also a $1 off 1 mayo with olive oil coupon in the June issue of All You magazine, and I have also gotten a $1 Catalina coupon for the olive oil variety in the recent past)

2 boxes Barilla pasta - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used the $1 off 2 coupon from the 6/24 SmartSource coupon insert

1 package of Duracell batteries - $4.74
Priced at $4.99, used a $0.25 Tops Monopoly coupon

2 packages Tops batteries - $5.49 each
Not on sale and no coupons, but I needed batteries yesterday :-(
*Each of these earned a bonus Monopoly game piece

6.10 lbs. bananas - $0.38 (about $0.06/lb.)
On sale for $0.39/lb., used a $2 off produce coupon I received in the mail
Note: If you live near the newly remodeled Mt. Read location, hopefully you received a mailer over the weekend like I did.  It has $5 off $35 coupons for each of the next 4 weeks, along with $2 off select departments' products (this week's was produce).

1 Land O' Frost sub kit - $5.74, see note
Priced at $6.99, used a $1 coupon from the 6/24 Red Plum insert and a $0.25 Tops Monopoly coupon
Note: This is more than what I would normally pay for lunch meat, but the free rolls (see below) sweetened the deal, plus subs sounded really good to me (which must be why they say never to shop while you're hungry!)

1 6-pack sub rolls - FREE
Part of a store promo where you get the rolls for free when you buy the above Land O' Frost sub kit

4 packages Carefree liners - FREE
On sale 10/$10, used 4 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from coupons.com but no longer available (sorry!) -- however, there is also a $0.50 coupon in the 5/6 SmartSource coupon insert

The retail cost of this transaction was $51.46 and I paid $24.00 after discounts and coupons (I also used a $5 off $35 purchase coupon from the mailer -- make sure to hand these over before your other coupons!) for a savings of 53%.  This wasn't a great trip for me, but seeing how I needed to buy a lot of batteries (man, those suckers are pricey!) I was still pretty pleased.

Now on to today's shopping trip....

1 roll Reynolds non-stick foil - $1.49
On sale for $2.99, used a $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) printed from their website

1 bag Tops candy - $0.75
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.25 Monopoly coupon

2 boxes Kellogg's Nutri-Grain bars - $1.00 each
On sale 4/$8 (must buy quantities of 4, can mix and match with the Fiber Plus bars below), used a $1 off 2 peelie coupon plus a Dollar Doubler Monopoly coupon

2 boxes Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars - $1.00 each
On sale 4/$8 (must buy quantities of 4, part of the mix and match promo above), used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 6/17 Red Plum coupon insert plus a Dollar Doubler Monopoly coupon
*Each of theses earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

4 Teddy Grahams Go-Packs - $0.25 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1.50 off 2 coupons (I'm trying to remember where I printed these from and I can't be sure.  I think I might have gotten them from Kraft First Taste and they were awesome coupons -- they could be used on any 2 "wholesome kids' products" which consisted of Teddy Grahams or Honey Maid and had no size restriction on them)

1 loaf Tops white bread - $0.74
On sale for $0.99, used a $0.25 Tops Monopoly coupon

2 packages Hillshire Farms sausage - $1.75 each
On sale BOGO ($4.49) used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 6/17 Red Plum coupon insert (there was also a $0.55 coupon over at coupons.com last month, so if you printed it before and haven;t used it already this might be a good time!)

2 boxes Philly Gourmet turkey burgers - $2.99 each
On sale BOGO ($7.99), no product-specific coupon for these but I did use a $2 Catalina coupon I earned last week to bring the price of these down

1 Pierre Drive Thru cheeseburger - $0.57
On sale 3/$5, used a $0.55 coupon (doubles to $1.10) printed from their Facebook page

2 packages Sargento sliced cheese - $1.40 each
On sale 2/$5, used 2 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here

The retail cost of today's trip was $61.62 and I paid $22.15 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of 64%.  My gas points discount is up to $3.00/gallon now.

I have 1 more trip planned (in order to stay within the coupon policy and maximize my gas points) but I'm not sure if I will head over there tomorrow or later in the week. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog because you shop at tops which is local for me and your saving a lot. I had a question about the tops 10/$10 deals. Do you have to buy 10 of the items to get them for $1.00?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feedback and for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it! :-)

    As for the 10/$10 deals, you can buy them in any quantity and get them each for $1.

    There are a couple of exceptions to the X/$Y deals, though. Sometimes the ad will state "must buy quantities of X" (like the Kellogg's granola bars this week and the Betty Crocker fruit snacks last week). Also, the ad may state they are X/$Y but you'll receive $Z off instantly if you buy a certain quantity (like the Powerade/Fuze/Viatmin water this week -- they are 10/$10 but you'll get $3 off instantly if buy them in mutliples of 10, making them $0.70 each).

    I hope that helped you!

    ReplyDelete