Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wegmans freebies and cheapies - week of 6/3

I haven't done much shopping at Wegmans lately, but I hit the store and picked up quite a few deals today.  My overall savings wasn't super high (I paid $46.07 for $83.92 worth of groceries, for a savings of 45%), but several of my needed purchases didn't have coupons and/or sales (like milk, produce, and cleaning items).  I also bought a few things that weren't on sale but had coupons expiring soon and wanted to take advantage of at least some savings. 

Here are my favorite cheap and free items from today:

4 cans Old El Paso enchilada sauce - FREE
Priced at $1.49, used 4 $0.75 coupons ("double" to $1.49) printed from here

8 boxes Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad - $0.49 each
On sale for $0.99 each, used 4 $0.50 off 2 coupons (double to $1) printed from here

4 cartons YoCrunch yogurts - $0.38 each
Priced at $0.70 each, used a $0.65 off 4 coupon (doubles to $1.30) printed from here
Note: Always be sure to read the wording on your coupons carefully!  I had originally planned on using multiples of this coupon on my trip today, until I noticed that the coupon specifically states only 1 coupon per shopping trip.  I'll use them throughout several shopping trips.

2 bottles Suave body wash - FREE
On sale for $0.99 each, used 2 $0.75 coupons ("double" to $0.99) printed from here
Note: These coupons also had a usage restriction -- 2 coupons per shopping trip.

4 packages Pampers wipes - $0.29 each
Used a raincheck for a prior $1.79 each sale price, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here

I had also planned on picking up some $0.99 Carefree pantylinerS, because I had $0.50 coupons from here (no longer seem to be available) and from the 5/6 SmartSource coupon insert.  They would be FREE after the coupon doubles, but they were out of stock when I was there today.

Another freebie I saw, but didn't have the coupon printed at the time, was for North Star popsicles.  A few varieties are on sale for $0.99, and by using the coupon from their website (must register), they will be FREE.  I was able to do a major stock up on these last year and I will definitely be picking some of these up again this time around!

2 comments:

  1. Question about the North Star popsicle coupons- I printed off one and used it last week, but I was looking at it again & it looks like the kind that does not have a specific code attached so you can use multiple of the same (versus the coupons from places like coupons.com that each have a verification code). Is that correct? It would be great to stock up on popsicles for the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My take on .pdf coupons like these is that you can print as many as you will reasonably use. Since there are ways for manufacturers to limit coupon prints, there is no reason for them to issue .pdf coupons unless their intention is that people will print and use multiples of them. I'm planning on stocking up, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete