Tuesday, June 5, 2012

6/3 - 6/9 Tops deals: shopping trip #1

Today I made my first of several trips to Tops, in order to maximize my gas points and to stay within the store coupon policy.  I don't generally have a hard and fast weekly grocery budget, but my general rule is to stay under $75 for the week.  I often stay under $50 and there have been several weeks where I spent in the $30 range.  Between today's trips to Tops and Wegmans to stock up on some pricier items I needed, I've already spent over $75.  Because I've been under budget for several weeks, I don't really feel bad for spending well over my typical limit this week. :-)

Here is what I bought on my first transaction of the week:

6 bottles Coffee Mate creamer - $0.68 each
On sale 2/$4, used 4 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) and 1 $0.75 off 2 coupon (doubles to $1.50) printed from their website (will need 2 computers and 2 registrations), plus part of a store promotion where you get $2 off automatically when you buy 6 select items.

3 boxes Mrs. T's pierogies - $1.67 each
On sale 3/$7, used 2 $1 coupons printed from their Facebook page (coupon is good only on whole grain varieties)

1 carton Tops ice cream - FREE
On sale for $2.79, part of a store promo where you get a free carton when you buy 3 Mrs. T's pierogies
*This earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

6 blocks Heluva Good cheese - $1.06 each, see notes
On sale BOGO ($3.29), used a $1.50 off 2 Catalina coupon from a previous transaction and 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from their website (the click & save link in the lower right, I have trouble printing this coupon from 2 of my 3 computers for some reason so hopefully you can get it to print)
Notes: There is also a $1 off 2 coupon in the 5/13 SmartSource insert.  Today's transaction also triggered another $1.50 off 2 Catalina coupon, so I will definitely be stocking up on cheese throughout the week!

I also bought peaches (on sale $0.99/lb.) and pork loin (on sale $1.99/lb.) without coupons.

The retail cost of this transaction was $71.77 and I paid $30.13 after discounts and coupons for a savings of 58%.  I am also at a gas discount of $1.40 per gallon. 

I am planning tomorrow's trip now and will update after I shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment