Friday, April 6, 2012

4/1 - 4/7: My final weekly Tops trip (I think!)

Unless I find some more really good coupons to match up with the sales and/or Dollar Doublers, I think earlier today was my last run to Tops for the week. Here is a look at what I bought:
2 jars Heinz gravy - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$4, used a $1 off 2 coupon from a jar I had bought previously plus 1 Dollar Doubler coupon from the Tops ad

1 box Betty Crocker cake mix - $0.25, see note below
On sale for $1.25, used the $1.00 off when youu buy both cake mix and frosting coupon from the 3/25 SmartSource coupon insert plus 1 Dollar Doubler

1 can Betty Crocker frosting - $0.79, see notes below
On sale for $1.79, the coupons noted above covered the purchase of this and the cake mix
Note: The cake mixes are available for just $1 each (which would make this an even more awesome deal) but only if you buy them in quantities of 4.  Since I only had the 1 coupon, I just bought 1 set of cake and frosting.

4 pouches StarKist Tuna - $0.25 each
On sale 4/$5, used 4 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) from their Facebook promo (which was supposed to include today according to their previous statements, but doesn't seem to be happening)

2 Velveeta dips - $1.00 each
On sale BOGO free ($3.99), used a $1 Catalina coupon I received previously at the register (not a "get $XX of your order", but an actual manufacturer coupon) plus a Dollar Doubler

2 cartons Silk Pure Almond milk - $1.50 each
On sale 2/$6, used 2 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here

2 pounds Land O Lakes butter - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$5, used 2 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here (use zip 60010 if you don't see it)

1 block Sorrento mozzarella cheese - $0.99
On sale for $2.99, used the $1 coupon from the 2/12 SmartSource coupon insert plus a Dollar Doubler

The total retail value of this transaction was $46.15 and I paid $12.02 after discounts and coupons for a savings of approximately 74%.  I am also now at a gas discount of $2.00 per gallon.  I have to say, I have really high hopes for this gas earning period.  With the price of gas skyrocketing, this is going to be so helpful and I'm definitely going to work hard to get every cent off I can!

I am so pleased with my savings this week.  I can't remember another week when I scored so well at the store.  I hope my readers were able to save some money this week, too.  Feel free to leave a comment about any great shopping trips you had this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment