Monday, April 2, 2012

4/1 - 4/7 Tops deals -- So many possibilities!!

This week's Tops ad contains 4 Dollar Doubler coupons.  For anyone not familiar with these, they will double a $1 coupon to $2 after you spend a minimum of $15 (that's after Bonus Card discounts but before coupons).  You are limited to 4 Dollar Doublers per transaction.  Can I just say, I love love love when Tops issues Dollar Doublers???  I've been to the store 3 times today already in order to stay within the store's coupon doubling policy (only 4 like coupons double per transaction) and to maximize gas points (10 points per manufacturer coupon with a limit of 100 points for 10 coupons) and I know I will make several more trips throughout the week (it's a good thing the store is close by!).  I'll update with more coupon match-ups in the next day or two, but here is what I bought today:
Transaction 1

1 bag Pennsylvania Dutch noodles - FREE
On sale 10/$10, used a $1 coupon from registering at their website (there is also a $1 off 2 coupon in the 3/4 SmartSource coupon insert which will net you 2 free bags when you use a Dollar Doubler -- I'll be getting more this week!)

3 jars of Ragu sauce - $0.67 each
On sale 3/$5, used 3 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here (click the Share & Save link -- I posted this last week, and it will print out several Unilever brand coupons)

2 StarKist tuna pouches - $0.25 each
On sale 4/$5, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from their Facebook page (note: these coupons are only available to print on Fridays, with this Friday being the last day of this promotion)

6 chunks of Cracker Barrel cheese - $1.50 each, see note
On sale 4/$10, used 3 $1 off 2 coupons printed from here plus 3 Dollar Doubler coupons
Note: Per the ad I received, these are part of a get a $3 Catalina coupon for use on a future order when you buy 6 select products.  I did get the $3 coupon that I used on transaction 2, but according to my receipt this promo also earned me 200 extra gas points.

1 carton Silk Pure Coconut milk - $1.00
On sale 2/$6, used a $1 coupon printed from here and a Dollar Doubler

The retail cost of this transaction was $45.57 and I paid $10.50 after discounts and coupons (I also used a $2 Catalina coupon from a transaction last week that I applied to this transaction), for a savings of approximately 77%.

Transaction 2

3 jars of Ragu sauce - $0.67 each
On sale 3/$5, used 3 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here

6 boxes of Wheat Thins - 2 FREE and 4 @ $1.00 each, see note
On sale 5/$10, used 2 $1 off 1 coupons from here (only valid on the BOLD flavors -- now that I've double checked, it looks like they are no longer offering this coupon -- sorry!), 2 $1 off 2 coupons from here, and 3 Dollar Doublers
Note: These are also part of the get a $3 Catalina coupon for use on a future order when you buy 6 select products promotion mentioned above. I again received the $3 coupon that I used on transaction 3, as well as 200 extra gas points.

3 StarKist tuna pouches - $0.25 each
On sale 4/$5, used 3 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from their Facebook page

The total retail cost of this transaction was $34.38 and I paid $3.75 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of 89%.

Transaction 3

2 bags Pennsylvania Dutch noodles - FREE
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1 coupons from registering at their website

3 cans Dole pineapple - $0.58 each
On sale 4/$5, used a $1 off 3 coupon from the 1/29 RedPlum coupon insert and a Dollar Doubler (there had also been a $1 off 3 coupon I printed from here last week, but it looks like it's no longer available)

4 StarKist tuna pouches - $0.25 each
On sale 4/$5, used 4 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from their Facebook page

6 chunks of Cracker Barrel cheese - $1.50 each, see note in transaction 1
On sale 4/$10, used 3 $1 off 2 coupons printed from here plus 3 Dollar Doubler coupons

The total retail cost of this transaction was $45.05 and I paid $8.75 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of almost 81%.

Overall today, I spent $23.00 for $125.00 worth of groceries, or a savings of approximately 82%.  I have another $3 Catalina coupon that I can use on another transaction, and I'm also already at a $1.30 per gallon gas discount.  I'm loving it!

I know there are many more deals to be had, and I will be back to highlight more in the coming days.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment