Sunday, April 15, 2012

4/15 - 4/21 Tops deals

If you read this blog regularly, you know that I rarely shop or do match-ups this early in the week. As it turns out, one of my kids was attending a birthday party at the Tops Cooking School today, so what better use of my time and gas than to shop while she partied?!

In order to stay within the 4 like coupon doubling policy and to maximize my gas points, I made 3 trips into the store and came away with a bunch of stuff...

Transaction 1

3 12-packs Marcal  Small Steps toilet paper - $2.99 each
On sale for $3.99 each, used 3 coupons printed from the Marcal Facebook page (it's a "bricks" coupons, so it will print 2 per computer, not per Facebook account like some FB coupons are! -- there are also $1 coupons in the 4/15 Red Plum and the 3/11 Red Plum (expires today!) coupon inserts

5 Dole Smoothie Shakers - 1 @ $0.67 and 4 @ $1.17 each, see note below
On sale 3/$5, used a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) from the April issue of All You magazine and 2 $1 off 2 coupons from here (there is also a $1 off 2 in the 4/15 SmartSource coupon insert)

1 package Dole frozen fruit cups - $0.50
On sale 2/$4, used a $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) from the April issue of All You magazine (there is also a $1 off 2 coupon in the 4/15 SmartSource coupon insert and a $1 off 2 coupon here)
Notes: These 2 Dole items are part of a store promo where you get a $3 Catalina coupon for use on a future order when you buy 6 selected items.  In addition, my store also is giving 200 bonus gas points in addition to the Catalina.

3 cartons International Delight coffee creamers - $0.57 each
On sale 3/$5, used 3 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here (must register, you can get 2 prints per email address per computer)

The retail value of this transaction was $48.48 and I paid $17.23 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of approximately 64%. In addition, I received my $3 Catalina coupon to use on transaction 2, plus additional Catalina coupons for $1 off 2 Dole frozen fruit cups and $2 off 4 Dole Smoothie Shakers.

Transaction 2

2 12-packs Marcal Small Steps toilet paper - $2.99 each
On sale for $3.99 each, used 2 coupons printed from the Marcal Facebook page

2 boxes Hostess Mini Muffins - $2.00 each
On sale 2/$3, used 2 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here

6 Dole Smoothie Shakers - $1.17 each, see note
On sale 3/$5, 3 $1 off 2 coupons from here (there is also a $1 off 2 in the 4/15 SmartSource coupon insert)
Note: Part of the $3 Catalina and 200 bonus gas points promotion when you buy 6 select products

3 cartons International Delight coffee creamers - $0.57 each
On sale 3/$5, used 3 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) printed from here

The retail total for transaction2 was $47.77 and I paid $15.92 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of almost 67%.  I came away with another $3 Catalina coupon I used on transaction 3, plus Catalinas for $0.50 off Hostess mini muffins (it won't double because it's a Catalina), another $2 off 4 Dole Smoothie Shakers, and $1 off a half gallon of International Delight iced coffee.

Transaction 3

2 rolls of Reynolds recycled aluminum foil - $1.00 each
On sale BOGO ($2.99), used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 3/25 SmartSource coupon insert

2 12-packs Marcal Small Steps toilet paper - $2.99 each
On sale for $3.99 each, used 1 coupon printed from the Marcal Facebook page and 1 $1 coupon from the 4/15 Red Plum coupon insert

4 boxes Hostess Mini Muffins - $2.00 each
On sale 2/$3, used 4 $0.50 coupons (double to $1) printed from here

The retail cost of this transaction was $41.12 and I paid $13.37 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of 67%.  I also received another $0.50 Hostess mini muffin Catalina coupon.

Overall, I paid $46.52 for $137.37 worth of groceries for a savings of 66% and have earned a discount of $2.90 per gallon of gas. 

I think I may actually run back to Tops one more time today since I just found 2 more Marcal coupons (that expire today) and I rarely feel like I can get a good price on toilet paper in order to stock-up. Plus with the new Dole Catalinas I received earlier plus a couple more between today's coupon inserts and printables, I may do another Dole promo for the Catalinas and extra gas points.

Good luck with your Tops shopping this week!  If you find a great deal, I'd love to read about it in the comments. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Awesome trip! You did your thang. LOL! I am excited about the Dole fruit cups. The pineapple is the best i've ever had and to think that when they were free at Wegmans months ago I was so upset that all of the "good" fruit was gone every time I went and I was "stuck" with Pineapple. Now I would choose that anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks for the feedback on the pineapple fruit cups. I bought the strawberry because I wasn't too sure about the pineapple being any good. I think I may grab some pineapple when I go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this info! I was going to stop by Tops today but did not get a chance, if I went earlier I would have missed some of these deals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it's helpful for you, Christine! I actually just found some new Dole printable coupons I'm about to blog about to hopefully get you some more deals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw those coupons you posted, printing them out now! I have to run back down to tops because they double charged me for something, so I may as well get a few more items!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! Well, it's not great that you were overcharged but it is great that you'll be able to grab a few more deals. :-)

    ReplyDelete