Saturday, April 7, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 14 in review

 
Here are the things I did this week to help save money:
 
  • I matched sales and coupons at Tops and Wegmans to save money on groceries.
  • I combined errands on my outings to help save money on gas.
  • I stayed home 1 day this week to also save money on gas.
  • Since I have an overabundance of fresh oregano growing in my kitchen, I picked some and am drying it.  When I need dried oregano, I won't have to go out and buy it. 
  • I mailed out a Renuzit "try me free" rebate.
  • I packed leftovers for my husband's work lunches.
  • I received a Chicken of the Sea coupon via snail mail.  After the coupon doubles, I will be able to get an almost free can of tuna.
  • I received a coupon and lotion sample of gud by Burt's Bees via snail mail.
  • I read my MyPoints emails in order to build up my account balance so I can cash in on a variety of gift cards.


What are some things you did this week to save money? I'd love to read about them in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Great savings this week. I too love fresh herbs. I can't wait to plant my herb garden this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Every year I plant herbs in a strawberry jar planter, leave it outside, and they die in the snow. We had such a mild winter this year that I was able to salvage most of my herbs by bringing them inside.

      Delete