Wednesday, April 11, 2012

4/8 - 4/14 Tops deals

Since I was out of bread, I made a quick trip to Tops, but I only gave the ad a really quick once-over.  Here is what I bought and the coupon match-ups:
3 boxes Betty Crocker potatoes - $0.67 each
On sale 10/$10, used the $1 off 3 coupon from the 3/25 SmartSource coupon insert
Note: There is a better $0.50 off 2 coupon (doubles to $1) here, but I've used it in the past and it hasn't been reset for me.  If you haven't already printed and used this one, you'll pay $0.50 per box when you buy 2.

1 can Chicken of the Sea tuna - $0.05
Priced at 4/$5, used a $0.60 coupon (doubles to $1.20) I received from the company via snail mail

2 packages Land O'Frost lunch meat - $1.90 each
On sale 2/$6, used 2 $0.55 coupons (double to $1.10) from the 2/19 RedPlum coupon insert
Note: They don't have any printable coupons on their website currently, but you can register here to access them in the future.

2 Kashi Steamers meals - $2.25 each
On sale 2/$6, used a $1.50 off 2 coupon I found a few weeks ago on a tearpad in the dairy/frozen department
Notes: In hindsight, this was not a good buy for me at all.  I was thinking these would be much larger than they really were, plus I originally thought my coupons were for $1.50 off 1 instead of off 2.  After I came home, I also found a better $1 off 1 coupon on their Facebook page and a $2 off 1 coupon at Recyclebank (75 points).

1 Voskos Greek yogurt - FREE
Priced at $1.29, part of an in-store promo where you get a free Voskos yogurt when you buy 2 select Kashi products

1 bottle Simply Orange orange juice - $1.50
On sale 2/$5, used a $1 coupon printed from their Facebook page

4 bottles Upstate Intense milks - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used 5 $0.25 coupons (double to $0.50) from the 3/18 SmartSource coupon insert and 3/11 and 3/25 issues of the Democrat & Chronicle

2 loaves bakery bread - $1.00 each
No coupons, but on sale 10/$10 and my kids love it when I buy "yummy bread"

1 pint grape tomatoes - $1.99
No coupons, but on sale

The retail value of this order was $46.99 and I paid $17.84 after coupons and discounts, for a savings of  62%. I am at a gas discount of $2.10 per gallon.

There were some other deals I would have bought.  Unfortunately, I had already used the available coupons on previous sales and the coupons had not reset for me.  I'll list some of them in case any of my readers are interested in using them and haven't printed them yet:

McCain Purely Potatoes - $0.50, see note
On sale 2/$5, use the $1 coupon from the 4/1 SmartSource, plus the $1 eCoupon at SavingStar
Note: Since the SavingStar program refunds the money to you, it will not change your out-of-pocket amount you pay at the store ($1.50 after manufacturer coupon). Also, when I logged into my SavingStar account, the McCain eCoupon was sold out. Hopefully you were able to grab it while it was still available!

Eight o'Clock coffee - $2.99 each when you buy 2
On sale $3.99 each, use the $2 off 2 coupon here (upper right on the screen)

Better Oats oatmeal - $0.45 each
On sale 10/$10, use the $0.55 off 2 coupon (doubles to $1.10) here

Cheez-Its - $0.60 each
On sale 2/$4, use the $0.70 coupon here (doubles to $1.40) after registering

Also, I don't need any Asian seasoning mixes, but if you're interested there is this deal:

Sun-Bird seasoning mix - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, use the $0.25 coupon (doubles to $0.50) here

Like I mentioned previously, I did a really quick scan of the ad before I ran to the store.  If I find any other great deals, I'll be sure to post them.  Likewise, feel free to post any comments of any other deals you found this week at Tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment