Thursday, April 26, 2012

4/22 - 4/28 Tops deals

Wow, I feel like I've been so busy between shopping trips that I haven't had a chance to sit down and blog about them until now!  I've made several visits to Tops this week, so here is a rundown of my purchases (not everything is pictured above):

Transaction 1

3 boxes Kraft Milk Bite granola bars - $1.50 each, see notes
On sale 3/$6, used 3 $0.75 (double to $1.50) coupons from here
Notes: The regular price of these at Wegmans is $2.99, but for just a penny difference I opted to buy them at Tops so I could earn the gas points from my coupons.  On the subject of coupons, I was able to print my normal 2 coupon prints per computer when I didn't enter a zip code.  I regularly play around with entering random zip codes in order to see if I can find any new coupons.  I realized that these Milk Bites coupons were resetting for several zip codes I tried (30030, 77477, 90210, and 60303) so I was able to print a bucketload of them.  It's a good thing my kids love them!  I printed them out on Sunday, so hopefully they are still available if you haven't printed them yet.

1 bottle Upstate Farms Intense milk - $0.50
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.25 coupon from the 4/15 SmartSource coupon insert

The retail cost of this transaction was $12.06 and I paid $5.00 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of about 59%.

Transaction 2

3 boxes Honey Bunches of Oats Fruit Blends - $0.90 each
On sale 2/$5, used 3 $0.80 coupons (double to $1.60, good on Fruit Blends varieties only) printed from here (FYI, this only allows 1 print per computer)

The retail cost of this order was $11.97 and I paid just $2.70 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of 77%.

Transaction 3

1 2-liter Pepsi Next - $0.01 (plus deposit)
On sale for $0.99, used the previously available coupon from the Tops "Burst the Bags" game
Funny side note: Purchasing this triggers a Catalina coupon for a free 1.25 liter Coke.

4 boxes Honey Bunches of Oats - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$5, used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) from here (try zip 30030 if you don't see it)

0.55 lb. Sara Lee oven roasted deli turkey - $2.34 ($3.99 per pound)
On sale for $6.99/lb, used a $1.50 coupon printed from here (watch the video, then you will be able to print the coupon)

1 bag (1 lb.) Earthbound Farms organic carrots - FREE
Priced at $1.49, used a $0.75 coupon ("doubles" to $1.49) from registering on their website (note: if you register, they seem to be issuing new $0.75 coupons every few days lately)

6 Balance Bars - $0.63 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1.10 off 3 coupons from their Facebook page (there is also $1 off 5 here)

I also bought 2 chickens for $9.32 (no coupons, but they are on sale for $0.88/lb, which I realized after the fact is the same price as Wegmans).

The retail cost of transaction 3 was $48.04 and I paid $19.52 after discounts and coupons, for an approximate savings of 59%.

Transaction 4

1 2-liter Pepsi Next - $0.01 (plus deposit)
On sale for $0.99, used the previously available coupon from the Tops "Burst the Bags" game
Note: This triggered another free Coke Catalina coupon, plus I just realized it also earns an extra Tops Monopoly game ticket.

3 tubs Pampers wipes - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$5, used 3 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here
Note: These are priced at $2.49 at Wegmans, but just like the Milk Bites I decided that the penny saved there was wasn't worth it due to the gas points I earn.  Also, this is currently a product that earns bonus game pieces if you're playing the Tops Monopoly game.

1 1.25-liter Diet Coke - FREE (plus deposit)
On sale 3/$3, used the free Catalina coupon from the previous transaction (actually, i have a bunch of these Catalinas from when Tops had the same Pepsi Next coupon during their "Pop the Balloon" game, so I will be buying these Cokes for a long time!)
Note: This earns you an extra game piece in the Monopoly game.

2 Banquet fruit pies - $0.60 each
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.40 off 2 (doubles to $0.80) coupon I clipped from a previously bought Banquet meal

4 boxes Kraft Milk Bite granola bars - $1.50 each
On sale 3/$6, used 4 $0.75 (double to $1.50) coupons from here

1 bottle Upstate Farms Intense milk - $0.50
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.25 coupon from the 4/15 SmartSource coupon insert

The retail cost of this transaction was $29.98 and I paid $11.13 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of about 63%.

Transaction 5

1 2-liter Pepsi Next - $0.01 (plus deposit)
On sale for $0.99, used the previously available coupon from the Tops "Burst the Bags" game
Note: This triggered another free Coke Catalina coupon and an extra Tops Monopoly game ticket.

4 boxes Special K granola bars - $0.94 each
Priced at $3.69 each (ouch!) but part of a promo where you get $5 off instantly when you buy 4, plus I used 4 $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from here.
Note: Each box also earns an extra Monopoly game piece.

1 package (10-ct.) Solo Bare dinner plates - $0.50
On sale for $2.00, used a $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) printed from here (this looks like it's no longer available which was weird -- I printed 2, I logged into another computer to print more and they were already gone)
Note: This earns an extra Monopoly piece.

1 package (15-ct.) Solo Bare dessert plates - $0.49
Priced at $1.99 each, used another $0.75 coupon above
Note: I was planning on getting 2 of the above dinner plates on sale for $2 each, but the store only had 1 package left on the shelf.  Instead of getting a raincheck, I bought the package not on sale for less money.

3 boxes Kraft Milk Bite granola bars - $1.50 each
On sale 3/$6, used 3 $0.75 (double to $1.50) coupons from here

1 bag Almond Accents - $1.49
On sale for $2.49, used a $1 coupon from the 2/26 SmartSource coupon insert (there was also a coupon in the 4/22 SmartSource insert)

The retail cost for transaction 5 was $35.94 and I paid $10.88 after coupons and discounts, for an approximate savings of 70%.

Transaction 6

1 2-liter Pepsi Next - $0.01 (plus deposit)
On sale for $0.99, used the previously available coupon from the Tops "Burst the Bags" game
Note: This triggered another free Coke Catalina coupon, plus an extra Tops Monopoly game ticket.

1 1.25-liter Diet Coke - FREE (plus deposit)
On sale 3/$3, used the free Catalina coupon from a previous transaction
Note: This earns you an extra game piece in the Monopoly game.

1 box Mission taco shells - $0.25, see note
On sale 4/$5, used a $1 peelie coupon found on the box
Note: This was one of my rare unplanned purchases.  I had seen them on sale in the Tops ad and had looked around for a coupon good enough to match up to make it a decent sale for me. I came up empty-handed but noticed in the store today that many boxes had $1 peelies on them!

1 bag (1 lb.) Earthbound Farms organic carrots - FREE
Priced at $1.49, used a $0.75 coupon ("doubles" to $1.49) from registering on their website

1 bag (3 lbs.) apples - $2.49, see note
On sale for $3.49, used the $1 Tops coupon previously available from the "Burst the Bags" gameNote: Because the were priced over $3, I will submit this receipt for the fresh fruit rebate I found.  After the coupon and rebate, these will become a money maker for me!

2 Banquet fruit pies - $0.60 each
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.40 off 2 (doubles to $0.80) coupon I clipped from a previously bought Banquet meal

4 boxes Kraft Milk Bite granola bars - $1.50 each
On sale 3/$6, used 4 $0.75 (double to $1.50) coupons from here

3 packages refrigerated Jell-o Pudding Snacks - 1 @ $1 and 2 @ $2, see notes
On sale 2/$6, used a $2 coupon I printed from being registered with Kraft First Taste and 2 $1 coupons I received from people I emailed coupon offers to (they gave me theirs -- yay! -- there is also a $1 off 2 coupon in the 4/1 SmartSource coupon insert)
Notes: Buying 3 of these triggered a $2 off my next purchase Catalina coupon.  Also, after I got them home, I realized all 3 packages of mine had $0.75 coupons inside!  I can attest to the fact the Strawberry Sundae variety is delicious, so I may grab the coupons and head out for some more this week. :-)

The retail cost of this final transaction was $38.86 and I paid $15.12 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of 61%.

Overall, I bought groceries with a retail cost of $176.85 and spent $64.35, for a savings of approximately 64%.  I also have a $2 Catalina to use on my next order, plus I will be getting $3 back from submitting a rebate. 

There were a couple other good match-ups that I decided not to buy, but I'll list them in case any of my readers are interested:

  • Mueller's Pasta - on sale 10/$10, generally you get a $0.55 coupon ("doubles" to $1, making these FREE) when you register a new email address at their website
  • Crest toothpaste - on sale $0.99, there was a $0.20 coupon in the 4/1 Proctor & Gamble coupon insert to make it $0.59
I hope everyone has/had a great shopping week!

2 comments:

  1. I purchased some Pepsi Next at Walgreen's today, and they gave me a coupon for free Diet Coke! I figure they are triggered to print when you buy the competitor's product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great way to stock up on soda! I was half expecting to get another Catalina for another free Pepsi when I used my Coke Catalina. :-)

    ReplyDelete