Saturday, April 21, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 16 in review

Despite a nasty cold virus that hit 3 out of 5 of us this week (including me, who seems to have been hit the hardest by it, which is so not fair!), I was able to do a lot of things to help save money this week:
  • I stayed home 2 days this week, which saved money on gas.
  • I combined errands on my outings to also save gas.
  • I matched coupons and sales at Tops to save money on my groceries, while racking up a huge discount off their gas price which I will take advantage off when my car is on empty.
  • I cashed in my Swagbucks for a $5 Amazon gift card, which I will use towards Christmas gifts later this year.
  • I made homemade hair detangler for free.  It is so easy, I will post a how-to tutorial later.
  • I found a couple great mail-in rebates while I was at the grocery store, including one for fresh fruit.  I will definitely be using this one!
  • My mailbox has been full of money-saving coupons lately.  Over the course of the week I received: a mailer containing several Proctor & Gamble product coupons, a coupon for a free Zone Perfect bar, a Target mailer which included a coupon for a free dozen eggs, and a Seeds of Change catalog which contained a $2 coupon off any product (will make for cheap organic rice at Wegmans).
If you have any frugal activities you did this week to help save money, I'd love to read about them in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Great savings! Love that you found a rebate for fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that finding the fresh fruit rebate was one of the highlights of my week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete