Sunday, April 22, 2012

Product review: Palmolive Fresh Sponge soap

Recently I was selected to receive a Palmolive Fresh Sponge dishwashing kit to use and review.  My first thought was "Ugh! I hate hand washing dishes."  Really, it is one of my least favorite household chores.  As a matter of fact, when my 12-year-old acts up I find myself hoping that there are dirty pots that need to be hand washed that I can assign him for extra chores.  My biggest pet peeve about washing dishes by hand is how the sponge gets slimy and smelly after a short time.  Even after running the gross sponge through the dishwasher, it never seems quite clean enough to me.

I was so surprised when my kit arrived.  I was expecting a tiny bottle.  Instead, I received a full size bottle of Palmolive Fresh Sponge dishwashing liquid, a new sponge, and coupons to share.  Palmolive Fresh Sponge dishwashing liquid has a unique dual action formula designed to wash away odor causing residue from sponges and clean dishes to a sparkling shine. Both sponge and dishes are left smelling freshly cleaned.

My first impression was very positive when I opened the bottle.  It has a scent that I can't quite describe.  I'd say it's kind of fruity smelling, but it's not a specific fruit I can identify.  It's not an overpowering scent, and it certainly strikes me as refreshing and clean.

I was also impressed when I squirted some out of the bottle.  It is very concentrated so a little goes a long way.  This large bottle will certainly last a long time. 

I find it cleans well, too.  In general, I've used it to clean pots and pans that can't go into the dishwasher.  Since they're non-stick, the food debris washed off easily, and the Palmolive cut through the grease just fine.  My pots and pans had a light, clean, fresh scent after they were dried, as did my sponge.

After almost 2 weeks, my sponge is neither smelly nor slimy.  I love that!

I would not hesitate to buy Palmolive Fresh Sponge in the future, especially since it is so concentrated to last long, smells so nice, and extends the life of my sponge.  And to make it even better, Palmolive coupons are released pretty regularly in the Sunday coupon inserts, so there should be no reason to pay full price for it! 

I have not yet looked locally for Palmolive Fresh Sponge, but the suggested retail value is $3.29 for a 25 oz. bottle and is available in most grocery stores and mass retailers like Target and Walmart.  It can also be purchased online at www.soap.com and www.walmart.com

*I received the above complimentary dishwashing kit from Colgate-Palmolive via Influenster for testing purposes.*

No comments:

Post a Comment