Friday, May 4, 2012

4/29 - 5/5 Additional Tops deals

Sorry that there is no picture from today's Tops trip.  I was so excited to have help putting groceries away that I didn't even think about getting the camera out until everything had been put in it's place!  A lot of today's purchases were repeats of prior trips, but there are a few additional deals:

2 bottles (2 liter) Pepsi Next - FREE
On sale 2/$2, used the $1 off 2 coupon from the 4/29 Pepsi coupon insert, a Dollar Doubler coupon, and a $0.25 Monopoly game coupon (I wasn't sure if I could use both the Dollar Doubler and Monopoly coupon together, but my cashier was fine with it)
*Each of these earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

1 bottle (1.25 liter) Diet Coke - FREE
On sale 3/$3, used a free product Catalina coupon from a previous transaction
*This earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

1 bottle Tops water enhancer - $0.99
On sale for $2.99, used the $2.00 off Tops "Burst the Bags" game coupon from 4/28
Note: If you do this deal, be sure to check your receipt! The coupon scanned without any problem, or so I thought until I checked my receipt afterwards.  Instead of taking $2 off, it only took off $1.  I went to the customer service desk and had the additional dollar refunded to me without any issue, but it was a pain to wait in line for a buck.  I had originally planned to make additional trips in order to stock up on these, but I probably won't now that there is a problem with the coupon.
*This earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

3 boxes Jennie-O turkey burgers - $4.99 each
On sale for $6.99 each, used 3 $2.00 coupons found here (use zip 12345)
*Each of these earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

4 packages Land O'Frost lunch meat - $1.50 each
On sale BOGO ($4.99), used 2 $1 off 2 coupons printed from here plus 2 Dollar Doublers
*Each of these earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

1 Kraft Fresh Takes - $0.79
Priced at $3.29, used $0.75 coupon (doubles to $1.50) from here plus the $1.00 Tops "Burst the Bags" game coupon from 5/1
*This earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

2 blocks of Heluva Good cheese - $1.00 each
On sale 2/$4, used a $1 off 2 Catalina coupon and a Dollar Doubler
Note: Just like reader Christine reported yesterday, this also triggered a $1.50 off 2 Catalina coupon for me.

The retail cost of this transaction was $65.71 and I paid $24.69 after discounts and coupons, for an approximate savings of 62%.  I'm now up to a gas discount of $1.10 per gallon.

Overall, I was quite pleased with this week.  Although I might not have had my highest savings percentages throughout the week, I did a major meat stock-up (18 pounds of ground turkey @ $1.67/lb. and 8 pounds of lunch meat @ $1.50/lb. ) and let's face it...meat isn't cheap.  Now if only I can get the lunch meat divided up and frozen in portions before my kids raid the fridge!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cheese coupons! I am up to $1.80 gas discount and will be making one more run today. The cold cuts were a great deal, we stocked up for a girl scout camping trip that is planned for the end of the month and we spend a fraction of what we budgeted for lunchmeat, I would have missed the deal if I hadn't read about it here, I didn't see it in the ad, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to rock those gas points, Christine! I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of the cold cuts deal and come in under budget. I'm headed out for more cheese today, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete