Tuesday, May 1, 2012

4/29 - 5/5 Tops deals: my 1st quick trip of the week

As a general rule, I like to plan out my various shopping scenarios at the beginning of the week and then proceed with my shopping trip(s) throughout the week.  I had decided earlier today that I would make tacos for dinner, but when I went to pull the ground beef out of the freezer I realized I was all out.  So, I put together a quick list and headed out for a mad dash to Tops.  I really didn't like the unprepared feeling I had, so my homework for tonight is to plan out the rest of the week's shopping.  In the meantime, today's trip contains a few deals for you:

1 box (3 lbs.) Jennie-O frozen turkey burgers - $4.99, see note
On sale for $6.99, used the $2.00 coupon printed from here (try zip 12345 if you don't see it)
Note: These are actually priced lower at Wegmans ($6.92, if my memory is correct).  Since the price was close, I'm trying to ramp up my gas points balance this week, and I didn't want to make a trip to another store, I opted to buy these at Tops.  I have more coupons and plan on stocking my freezer this week, so I will probably continue to pay the few cents more per box at Tops.
*This earned a bonus Monopoly ticket.

2 boxes Hostess Twinkies - $1.65 each
On sale BOGO ($4.29), used a $0.50 coupon (doubles to $1) printed from their Facebook page (I don't see it now, so it may no longer be available)

1 bottle (1.25 liter) Diet Coke - free (plus deposit)
On sale 3/$3, used a free product Catalina I had from a past Pepsi Next purchase
*This earned a bonus Monopoly ticket.

2 packages Land o'Frost lunch meat - $1.50 each
On sale BOGO ($4.99), used a $1 off 2 coupon from here (also available in the 4/29 Red Plum coupon insert) plus a Dollar Doubler coupon
*These each earned a bonus Monopoly ticket.

2 packages Ball Park hot dogs - $0.99 each
On sale BOGO ($3.99),  used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 4/15 Red Plum coupon insert plus a Dollar Doubler

The total retail cost of this order was $36.67 and I paid $12.31 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of approximately 66%.  With the Dollar Doublers available, I can't wait to head back to the store for more deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment