Thursday, May 17, 2012

5/13 - 5/19 Tops deals

I wasn't too impressed with much in this week's Tops ad, so yesterday's trip only consisted of a few things.  I will most likely head back either tonight or tomorrow to grab a few more deals I spotted after the fact, but in the meantime here is yesterday's grocery list:

3 boxes Kellogg's Froot Loops - $1.33 each
On sale 3/$5, used a $1 off 3 coupon from inside a previous cereal purchase

2 boxes Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies - $1.17 each
On sale 3/$5, used a $1 off 2 coupon from inside a previous cereal purchase

1 dozen Tops large eggs - $0.75
On sale 10/$10, used a $0.25 Monopoly game coupon

4 Fuze drinks - cheap, see note below

6 Gold Peak teas - free?, see note
Note: the Fuze and Gold Peak are 10/$10 but part of a 'buy 10, get $3 off instantly' promo, which means they should just simply ring up at $0.70 each (at least they would if they put me in charge!).  Every time Tops has run a deal like this, my receipt is an absolute mess to read, none of the final prices are easy to decipher, and it frustrates me to no end.  In the end, I think they overcharged me by $0.67 and to be totally honest, I think I'll end up not bothering to right this at customer service.  I'm having a hard enough time with it myself, I'm not holding out hope that an employee is going to get what I'm saying.  At the end of the day, I still got a good deal and I think trying to get the few cents back would be more of a hassle than it's worth.  Anyway, I had 6 $0.75 coupons for Gold Peak (these showed up at coupons.com and then disappeared again right away after I printed them, so hopefully my readers saw them and were able to grab them while they were there) and 2 $0.25 Fuze coupons from the Monopoly game.  The Gold Peaks should have all been free and I should have paid $2.30 for 4 Fuze (2 @ $0.70 and 2 @ $0.45).  Like I said, my receipt is a disaster to read but I think I was overcharged by about $0.67.  If you do this transaction, make sure to check your receipt before you leave the store!

The retail cost of my order was $34.94 and I paid $10.45 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of approximately 70%.

Since a few other things caught my eye, I'll be back with a few more match-ups later.  Happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going tomorrow for a few deals that I saw, FREE Tabasco sauce with online coupon, Marie's salad dressing for 1.39 for two bottles (plus theres a $1 off on SavingStar)and Poptarts for .50-.60 per box with online coupon and Monopoly game pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting my coupons ready for another trip this morning. I my gosh, I love Pop-Tarts! I haven't gotten a Monopoly coupon for them yet. :-( I was excited when I saw the Tabasco on sale but was disappointed that the coupon hasn't been reset since the last time I printed them. :-(

    ReplyDelete