Saturday, May 12, 2012

Money Saving Challenge - week 19 in review

Here is the list of things I did this week to try to save money:
  • I combined sales and coupons at Tops in order to save money.
  • I combined errands on outings in order to save on gas.
  • We ate leftovers for dinner 2 nights this week.
  • I received in the mail a coupon for a free quart of International Delight creamer.  I love saving free product coupons for a Tops gas points earning period -- not only do I get free stuff, but I help pad my gas discount this way!
  • I also received my Johnson & Johnson coupon mailer from the Healthy Essentials rebate.
  • I received my Renuzit Try Me Free mail-in rebate check. Between the coupon I used, the rebate, and store promo at the time, this ended up being a money maker for me.
  • I read my MyPoints emails in order to keep increasing my point balance so I can cash in for several gift cards later in the year.
  • I always run the dishwasher using a half dishwasher tablet.  I noticed that my husband cut the tablet in half, too, when he ran it earlier this week. :-)

  If you're doing things to help you maintain a frugal budget, I'd love to hear about it!

4 comments:

  1. Cutting a dishwasher tab in half is such a good idea! I cut my dryer sheets in half when I use my dryer, but this time of the year I try to use my clothes line as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely keep the dryer sheet tip in mind -- thanks for that, Jennifer! There are very few products that I'm brand loyal to, but I'm definitely a Finish tabs loyal girl. I can't seem to get great deals on them often enough, so cutting them in half has been a HUGE savings for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Finish tabs! They work great... I ran out of them a while back and got some store brand dish gel- it did not work as well & left a film on the dishes after several loads (especially on glasses & plastic containers). I am trying out cutting them in half, so far so good... I figure the heat & pressure of the water in the dishwasher does most of the work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope cutting them in half works well for you, Christine. My dishwasher isn't that old, but for the longest time I thought I needed to replace it because nothing ever seemed to get clean. There had been a sale on the Finish tabs at the time and after trying them, I was sold. They work so much better than anything else in my dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete