Thursday, May 10, 2012

5/6 - 5/12: More Tops deals

This week has been a weird one for me, as far as shopping and couponing are concerned.  I'm having computer issues, so I'm not able to print as many coupons as I'd like.  Then, I ended up wasting some prints because I accidentally loaded printer paper incorrectly and inadvertently printed a couple of coupons over the same spot on the paper, rendering them useless.  I somehow managed to lose a couple of coupons I had clipped and planned on using, as well as a magazine containing coupons.  And to top it off, I don't know if I read the ad wrong or I wrote it down wrong on my list but one of the things I bought wasn't as good of a deal as I had originally thought, based on incorrect pricing.  This is so unlike me! All things considered, I still managed to do OK at Tops yesterday:



9 Nestle candy bars - $0.29 each
On sale for $0.69 each, used 3 $0.60 off 3 coupons (double to $1.20) from the 4/29 SmartSource coupon insert

9 jars Prego pasta sauce - $1.12 each, see note
On sale for $1.79 each, used 3 $1 off 3 coupons from the 4/29 SmartSource coupon insert, plus part of a store promo where you get $3 off automatically when you buy 8 select products
Note: Somewhere along the line I had a brain fart with this one.  On my list, I recorded these as 3/$5, which would have made them $1 a piece.  I could have paid less than $1.12 per jar at Aldi or for the Wegmans brand of sauce, but since I was able to get some different "healthier" varieties of the Prego I ended up still buying these.

2 Edy's frozen fruit bars - $1.58 each
On sale 3/$10, used 2 $1 coupons from Facebook, plus these were part of a promo for getting $3 off automatically when you buy 4 select items
Note: We love these, so my plan was to buy 4, but between the printing and coupon issues I had, I was only able to get 2 prints for this coupon. :-(

2 Nestle Drumsticks - $1.75 each
On sale 2/$6, used a $1 off 2 coupon from the 4/29 SmartSource coupon insert, plus these were part of the buy 4/save $3 promo along with the Edy's
Note: If you have the May issue of All You magazine, there is a $1 off 1 coupon in it.  However, if you're like me and somehow lost your copy after you saw it on Sunday but before you were able to clip the coupon on Monday, then you're out of luck. :-(

4 bags Mama Rosie's frozen pasta - $0.90 each
On sale BOGO ($2.79), used 2 $1 off 2 coupons printed from their website

10 Stonyfield Oikos organic Greek yogurts - FREE, see note below
On sale 10/$10, used a $2 off 3 coupon from registering here, used 2 $0.50 off 2 coupons from their website (double to $1), and used a $1 off 2 coupon from Recyclebank (60 points)
Note: The combination of coupons took $5 off, so I paid $5 out-of-pocket.  Before shopping, I activated the $5 eCoupon at SavingStar, which will make these free after the reimbursement.  Since you only need a $5 minimum to cash out at SavingStar, I'm going to cash out as soon as the transaction is processed on their end.

4 boxes Jones frozen sausage links - $0.85 each, see note
On sale BOGO ($2.69), used 2 $1 off 2 coupons printed from here
Note: I didn't bookmark the original coupon link I used, and just now found a $2 off 2 coupon here while looking for it, making these just $0.35 each.

12 Ehrmann yogurts - $0.50 each
On sale 10/$10, used 4 $0.75 off 3 coupons (double to $1.50) printed from their website (there was also a $0.75/3 coupon in the 4/15 RedPlum coupon insert)

I also bought more bananas because I swear my kids are part monkey (no coupons, but on sale).

The retail cost of yesterday's groceries was $111.56 and I paid $40.48 after discounts and coupons, for a savings of almost 64%.  I will be getting $5 back from SavingStar in the near future, too.


Hopefully your shopping week has gone more smoothly than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment