Saturday, May 19, 2012

5/13 - 5/19: Just a few more Tops deals

Yesterday I stopped back at Tops for just a few more items, since I really didn't need a ton and I wasn't overly impressed with the sales.  Here's what I picked up on my 2nd trip of the week:


2 bottles Lipton Pure Leaf tea - FREE
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1.00 coupons printed from here
Note: I was at first leery about this deal.  The wording on the coupon referenced "Pure Leaf" and not "Lipton Pure Leaf" so I wasn't sure if this was the same product.  The coupon did mention Unilever in the small print, though, and when I checked the side of the bottle it is in fact a Unilever product.  The coupon did beep at self-check, but the attendant pushed it through.  I'm not sure why it beeped, but I'm pretty confident that I used the coupon correctly.

1 loaf Tops bread - $1.04
On sale for $1.29, used a $0.25 Monopoly coupon

1 box Silver Palate oatmeal - $0.99
On sale for $2.99, used the $2 Tops "Burst the Bags" coupon from 5/12 (expired yesterday)

2 boxes Dreamfields pasta - $1.49
On sale for $2.49 each, used 2 $1.00 coupons printed from here 
Note: I generally don't like to pay more than $0.50 per box for pasta, unless it's a specialty pasta of some sort.  My husband is really trying to watch his carbs, though, so I was willing to buy it at this price.

6 cartons of Voskos Greek yogurt - $0.67 each
On sale 10/$10, used 2 $1 off 3 coupons from the 3/18 SmartSource coupon insert (there is also a $1/3 printable here that I didn't find until after I shopped)
*These each earned a bonus Monopoly game piece.

3 bottles V05 shampoo/conditioner - $0.46 each
On sale for $0.79 each (same price at Wegmans if you're heading there), used a $1 off 3 coupon from the 5/13 SmartSource coupon insert

The retail cost of this order was $24.75 and I paid $10.57 after discounts and transactions, for a savings of about 57%.  Overall, not the greatest week but I also didn't need to stock up on much.  I'm definitely looking forward to earning gas points again next week!

Let me also point out that my absolute favorite deal of the week was the 10/$10 Tabasco sauce.  There is a $0.50 coupon available here, making it FREE after it doubles.  Unfortunately, this coupon has not been reset since I last printed it, so I didn't end up buying any. :-(  There was also a $1 off 2 coupon in the 4/29 Red Plum coupon insert, but I'm going to try to hold out for more free hot sauce (since I already have several bottles in my stockpile and it goes on sale often, so hopefully the coupon will reset at some point).


2 comments:

  1. I was very excited about the Tabasco also!! The two Tops I went to were both sold out :(...I did end up getting a rain check at the one Tops, so hopefully they will re-stock soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get frustrated when I have to wait for them to restock, too. The one good thing, though, is that now you should be able to use your Tabasco coupons during the new gas points earning period!

    ReplyDelete