Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 4: 12 Days of Frugal Stockpile Meals

Today was a rough day.  My car died not once, but twice (at least it happened both times in my driveway!) so I was in no mood to cook.  As a result, I took the easy way out for dinner tonight.
Yes, tonight ended up being "Breakfast for Dinner":
  • Cocoa Puffs - $0.80
  • Golden Grahams - $0.80
  • Milk - free
Total cost for a meal for a family of 5: $1.60 ($0.32 per person).

I promise, tomorrow's dinner won't be so cheesy. :-)

If you have a frugal meal you've made utilizing ingredients from your stockpile, I'd love to hear about it. Especially since we may need to replace a vehicle sooner rather than later, I'm sure I'll have to continue to be super frugal with my meals!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I had to laugh when I saw this! I have a feeling that we are going to be having a dinner like this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel a bit guilty whenever I feed my family cereal for dinner, but I have tons of it, they love it (who knew eating cereal at times other than breakfast would be such a thrill!), and at least it's fortified with vitamins and minerals. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!!! You shouldn't feel guilty. We all deserve a "lazy dinner night" especially when you have had such a stressful day! I have more lazy dinner nights then I care to share. That is why I am getting back to my Menu Plan Monday so that I don't do that as often ;) You fed your family, it was cheap and they enjoyed it. I say "Job well done, Mama!" :)

    ReplyDelete