Sunday, December 4, 2011

Just a few 12/4 - 12/10 Tops deals

So again this week I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Tops ad.  I stopped by today just to pick up the following (sorry it's so blurry, it looked OK on my camera):


4 boxes of Cocoa Puffs - $0.80 each
On sale 4/$10, used 4 $0.85 coupons (double to $1.70!) from here
Notes: There are also $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50, making them $1 per box) here and here.  Also, if your school collects Box Tops for education, look for boxes with double Box Tops on them.

4 boxes of Golden Grahams - $0.80 each
On sale 4/$10, used 4 $0.85 coupons (double to $1.70!) from here
Notes: There are also $0.75 coupons (double to $1.50, making them $1 per box) here and here.  For added value, look for boxes with coupons on them for $1 off any 1 box of Golden Grahams Treats of Chex Mix Treats (I was only able to find 2 boxes with coupons on them).

2 POM pomegranates - $1 each
On sale 2/$4, used 2 $1 coupons from here
Note: There are also $1 tearpad coupons I saw last week but forgot to look for them again today, as well as a $1 coupon in today's SmartSource coupon insert.

The total retail cost was $35.90 and after coupons and discounts I paid $8.40, for a savings of approximately 76%.  The register also spit out a $1 off Listerine Smart Rinse Catalina coupon  (because of all the sugary cereal perhaps? haha), plus using 10 manufacturer coupons earned me another $0.10 off per gallon of gas (I'm up to $1.50 off so far -- yay!).

I'll go back multiple times this week to stock up on more cereal and pomegranates.  I also have coupons I received via snail mail that will get me a free gallon milk (to go with all that cereal!) as well as a roll of  free Bounty paper towels, so I'll pick those up later this week as well.  Overall, though, I found it a pretty disappointing week.  I've decided that partly because of this, I'll make a lot of meals frugally by eating out of my stockpile.  Watch for my upcoming posts chronicling my cheap stockpile meals!

2 comments:

  1. How di you get so many cereal coupons. I need to start a stovk like and struggle to get more then two or three coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can generally print 2 copies of a coupon per computer, so using multiple computers will get you many more coupons.

    ReplyDelete