Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 8: 12 Days of Frugal Stockpile Meals

Today's frugal meal I'm spotlighting was actually our breakfast of waffles and ham steak with hot chocolate to drink:
The ingredients and cost breakdown are:

  • Hungry Jack pancake mix - $0.13 (Used about 1/3 of a $0.40 box)
  • Hatfield ham steak - $1.50
  • Nestle hot chocolate - free
  • Additional waffle ingredients - $0.69 (This includes an $0.08 egg, $0.11 for 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, and $0.50 for syrup.  I can't find a receipt, and I'm not seeing the Wegmans sugar-free pancake syrup on their website to check the price, but I think I paid around $2 for it and we used less than 1/4 of a bottle.)
Total cost of a meal for a family of 5: $2.32 ($0.46 per person).

Stay tuned for tomorrow's frugal meal...

Besides cereal and homemade waffles or pancakes, do you have a favorite frugal breakfast?  Let me know what it is.  I can always use new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment